The world is a big place, and there are plenty of incredible destinations to explore. However, traveling solo can be intimidating, especially if you’re 50 or older and have never traveled alone.
Solo travel for people in their 50s and above is not meant to be a daunting experience. In fact, it is just as exciting as it is for people in their 20s or 30s. From relaxing beach destinations to cities with booming nightlife, there is something to suit all travelers, including those who are older.
All-inclusive packages and accommodations are a great way to mitigate some of the stress that comes with traveling. To ensure a seamless travel experience, here are some of the best all-inclusive vacations for singles over 50.
BEST ALL-INCLUSIVE VACATION PACKAGE: Short on time? You can’t go wrong with an Amalfi Coast Walking Holiday that also covers Rome.
BEST ALL-INCLUSIVE ACCOMMODATION:
Short on time? You can’t go wrong with Wymara Resort & Villas – adults only heaven in the Carribean.
9 All-Inclusive Vacation Packages for Singles Over 50
Table of Contents
- 9 All-Inclusive Vacation Packages for Singles Over 50
- Top 3 Singles Vacations Over 50 All-Inclusive
- 1. Amalfi Coast Walking in Southern Italy
- ⇒ Check Prices and Availabilityfor this Amalfi Coast Singles Tour
- 2. Singles Weekend in San Diego, California
- ⇒ Check Prices and Availability for this San Diego Weekend
- 3. Best of Portugal
- ⇒ Check Prices and Availability for this Best of Portugal Singles Vacation Package
- 4. Greece Island Dreams Singles Vacation
- ⇒ Check Prices and Availability for this Greece Island Dreams Vacation
- Best All-Inclusive Accommodations for Singles over 50
- 5. Temptation Cancun Resort
- ⇒ Check Prices and Availability for Temptation Cancun Resort
- 6. Wymara Resort & Villas, Turks & Caicos Islands
- ⇒ Check Prices and Availability for Wymara Resorts & Villas
- 7. Occidental Papagayo, Costa Rica
- ⇒ Check Prices and Availability for Occidental Papagayo
- 8. Barceló Bávaro Beach – Dominican Republic
- ⇒ Check Prices and Availability for Barcelo Bavaro Beach
- 9. Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat – Bahamas
- Footnote on the Best All-Inclusive Vacations for Singles Over 50
One of the easiest and most exciting ways to travel as a single over 50 is with a group. Below are several all-inclusive vacation packages exploring some of the world’s top destinations for older travelers.
Top 3 Singles Vacations Over 50 All-Inclusive
#1 TOP PICK
Wymara Resort and Villa
✔️ Infinity Pool
✔️ Full-Service Spa
Amalfi Coast Walking Vacation
✔️ Pompeii Visit
✔️ Capri Day Trip
✔️ Stay at a Family Run Italian Farm
Temptation Cancun Resort
✔️ Adult-centric Activities
✔️ Party Oriented
✔️ 24 hr Premium Beverage Service
For those seeking adventure, take a trip to Southern Italy’s Amalfi Coast. This picturesque stretch of coastline overlooks the Tyrrhenian Sea and the Gulf of Salerno.
One of the best ways to enjoy this beautiful destination is on foot. In and around the coastline are plenty of trails for you to explore. This ranges from relaxing woodland walks to thrilling clifftop hikes.
Throughout your eight-day trip, you and 15 others will stay with an Italian family at the peaceful farm home, Agriturismo Luna d’Agerola.
From here, you will be covering various trails and stopping by several attractions. Below is a breakdown of what to expect on each day of your Amalfi Coast vacation:
- Day 1: Arrive at Naples Airport and check in at your accommodation.
- Day 2: Enjoy a ridge walk, taking in views of Mount Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples.
- Day 3: Walk to Amalfi along the Ancient Republic’s path.
- Day 4: Take a day trip to Capri by boat and admire its 2,000-feet high cliffs.
- Day 5: Enjoy a walk in the Ferrier Natural Park.
- Day 6: Spend the day exploring Pompeii and Vesuvius.
- Day 7: Follow the ‘Walk of the Gods’ path to the town of Positano.
- Day 8: Travel back to Naples Airport, where your trip will end.
Along the way, you will also have plenty of opportunities to eat homemade organic food and sample some delectable wines.
San Diego, California, is famed for its white-sand beaches and year-round sunny weather. This sun-kissed destination invites you to join a fun group of singles on this organised tour as you explore some of the city’s top attractions.
During your weekend getaway, you will stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego. This is a lovely four-star hotel centrally located in Downtown San Diego. Here, you can access a relaxing indoor pool, a fitness center, and a bar serving various alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
The weekend trip is jam-packed with a series of fun activities that you can enjoy. Below is a brief look at what’s included in this trip:
- Day 1: Arrive at your accommodation, meet your group and host, and enjoy dinner.
- Day 2: Visit the Old Town Historic Park during the day and Seaport Village at night.
- Day 3: Go whale-watching and visit the US Midway Museum and the Gaslamp District.
- Day 4: Visit Balboa Park and ride the famed carousel. Conclude your trip with a lovely farewell dinner back at the hotel.
This is an ideal trip for singles over 50 looking to get out, but who don’t have too much time to spare. There is plenty to see and do and adequate time to relax.
Portugal is considered one of the best places to travel for singles over 50, as getting around the country is quick and easy. You could travel between Lisbon and Porto by train in less than three hours if you wanted to.
To get the most out of your visit to Portugal, consider joining this Best of Portugal Singles Vacation. During your trip, experience the country’s vibrant culture while exploring its charming villages and scenic landscapes.
You’re also sure to taste some delicious food and wines and meet some friendly locals along the way.
The Portugal singles vacation begins following your arrival in Lisbon. Here is what you can expect on this nine-day trip:
- Day 1: Arrive in Lisbon, meet your group, and check in to your hotel.
- Day 2: Discover Lisbon on a full-day guided city tour.
- Day 3: Take a drive to Sintra and admire the Moorish and Manueline-style palace.
- Day 4: Enjoy a free day in Lisbon and a sunset cruise on the Tagus River.
- Day 5: Begin your trip to Portugal’s Silver Coast by stopping at Obidos and Nazare.
- Day 6: Get a guided tour of Coimbra, then visit the UNESCO-listed Porto.
- Day 7: Go on a cruise of the six bridges to the renowned World of Wine.
- Day 8: Go wine tasting in Douro Valley and visit vineyards in Portugal.
- Day 9: Spend the day exploring Porto, then head to a local restaurant for a farewell dinner.
During your visit, you will stay at two hotels, namely the Olissippo Marques de Sa in Lisbon and the Exe Almada Hotel in Porto. Both of these accommodations offer a comfortable space from which to explore Portugal’s many attractions.
Another popular destination among singles is Greece. Here you will find several islands, all home to incredible sites and beautiful white-sand beaches. If you’re looking for a summer vacation, check out this fantastic Greece Island Dreams Single Vacation.
On the Greece Island Dreams Singles Vacation, you will have the opportunity to see some of the country’s top attractions. This includes the Acropolis in Athens, ancient ruins in Crete, the ever-popular Mykonos, and plenty more. Here is a 10-day Greece itinerary for your singles vacation to the Greek islands:
- Day 1: Arrive in Greece and begin your trip by visiting the Acropolis of Athens.
- Day 2: Head to Mykonos, where you’ll find gorgeous beaches, boutiques, and more.
- Day 3: Go on a Jeep tour around the island of Mykonos.
- Day 4: Take a day trip to the island of Delos to visit the Temple of Apollo.
- Day 5: Head from Mykonos to Santorini, one of the most beautiful islands in Greece.
- Day 6: Go beach-hopping on Santorini island and watch the sunset.
- Day 7: Travel from Santorini to Crete, the largest Greek island.
- Day 8 & 9: Go sightseeing in Crete and visit the Palace of Knossos.
- Day 10: Depart from Crete back to Athens before heading home.
To see you through your trip, you will stay at some of the best hotels in Greece. In Athens, stay at the five-star Royal Olympic Hotel. This is just a short walk from the Acropolis. In Mykonos, enjoy a stunning room in the San Antonio Summerland Hotel.
Other accommodations in the Greece Island Dreams Single Vacation Package include the El Greco Hotel in Santorini and the Silver Beach Hotel in Crete.
Greece is a wonderful holiday destination. There is plenty to see and do on each of its beautiful islands. Whether you wish to go sightseeing in Athens or Crete or partying in Mykonos or drinking wine in Santorini, this trip includes something fun for all singles.
Best All-Inclusive Accommodations for Singles over 50
Some travelers may prefer an all-inclusive accommodation to a package with a set itinerary. The hotels and resorts listed below provide plenty of opportunities to relax, meet new people, and explore.
🌟Rating: 8.3/10 I 📍Location: Cancun I 🏩View on Booking.com
Cancun is one of the best places to visit in Mexico and a popular destination amongst travelers seeking a beach vacation. It is renowned for its spectacular white-sand beaches, turquoise blue sea, and pleasant weather. It is also home to some of the best hotels and resorts.
One of the best accommodations for singles visiting Cancun is the five-star Temptation Cancun Resort. The resort is located directly on the beach and within a short distance from the bustling town center.
The Temptation Cancun Resort is considered a more high-end party-oriented adult resort. Here you can expect non-stop activities, many designed to introduce single guests to one another.
Temptation Cancun Resort offers all-inclusive packages to guests. Below are some of the benefits you can expect throughout your stay:
- Daytime adult-centric activities, including a booze cruise to Isla Mujeres.
- Evening entertainment, including live music, DJ’s, performances, and more.
- Access to the spa, which offers a variety of treatments, massages, and facials.
- Access to a professional beauty salon offering services to both men and women.
- 24-hour Premium beverage service with a selection of wines, beers, and cocktails.
There is plenty of fun to be had at this adults-only resort. This includes everything from thrilling watersports on the beach to a pyjama and lingerie casino.
🌟Rating: 9.1/10 I 📍Location: Grace Bay I 🏩View on Booking.com
Turks and Caicos Islands are located in the Caribbean and forms part of the Bahamas island chain. Like many regional destinations, this tropical archipelago nation is renowned for its crystalline waters, white-sand beaches, and luxury resorts.
One notable resort for singles over 50 is the Wymara Resort & Villas. This upscale adults-only accommodation is located right on Grace Bay’s powdery sand. If you’re looking for a space to relax and soak up the sun, this is the place to be.
To ensure a stress-free vacation, the boutique-style Wymara Resort & Villas offers guests an all-inclusive stay. This way, you do not need to worry about where to eat or what to do. Everything you need for a relaxing stay is already included.
Here are some of the things offered in this package:
- Free shuttle service to the Casablanca Casino.
- Incredible nightlife, which includes music, dancing, and more.
- Plenty of daytime activities, including kayaking, paddleboarding, and sailing.
- Access to the award-winning Exhale Spa.
- Access to two on-site restaurants serving gourmet, tropical-tinged dishes all day.
🌟Rating: 8/10 I 📍Location: Costa Rica I 🏩View on Booking.com
Costa Rica is a comfortable country to travel to as an older traveler. It is a gateway to Latin American culture, making it a vibrant place to visit. It is also considered by many to be a tropical paradise, boasting rich green forests, pristine beaches, incredible waterfalls, and more.
A great hotel to see you through your Costa Rica vacation is the all-inclusive Occidental Papagayo. This is an adults-only resort overlooking Culebra Bay’s dramatic cliffs. You will find plenty of relaxation options and activities to get people to mingle here.
Occidental Papagayo’s all-inclusive package is ideal for single travelers over 50 as it covers almost all your travel needs. Food, drinks, entertainment, and more – there is never a dull moment at this accommodation. Listed below are some of the inclusions you can expect:
- Daily activities including kayaking, water aerobics, bird watching, and more.
- Evening entertainment, including live music, disco, and plenty of drinks.
- Scuba diving lessons (equipment available for rental).
- Access to four restaurants and bars, including the Premium Level Lounge.
- Access to the hotel’s health and wellness center includes a Vichy shower, Turkish bath, hot tubs, and private rooms for various treatments and massages.
Occidental Papagayo offers a lovely environment for guests to relax and interact with one another. Costa Rica is also a popular destination amongst backpackers and expats, so you will also meet some fellow travelers.
🌟Rating: 8.3/10 I 📍Location: Cancun I 🏩View on Booking.com
The Dominican Republic is another popular holiday destination in the Caribbean. Known for its beautiful beaches, incredible golf courses, and luxury beach resorts, this is the perfect spot for a laid-back vacation.
One of the best resorts for singles over 50 is Barceló Bávaro Beach. This is an adults-only resort located right on the beach. While the resort markets itself as a romantic getaway, it’s also a favorite amongst singles and hosts an annual Singles Week.
This event provides endless opportunities to meet and interact with other travelers. Scheduled activity programs comprise sports tournaments, themed parties, dance contests, and more.
While it sounds rather busy, you will also have plenty of time to relax, whether on the beach, beside the pool, or at the spa.
Barceló Bávaro Beach also offers an all-inclusive package. Below are some of the perks of staying at this lovely beachfront hotel:
- Access to the golf course as well as golfing lessons.
- Day and nighttime activities for adults.
- Nine bars and poolside drinks service.
- Four buffet options, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Five à la carte restaurant options: seafood, Japanese, Italian, Spanish and French cuisines.
With so much to do at Barceló Bávaro Beach, there is little reason to leave the resort. From fitness classes to a lively casino, there is something for everyone.
🌟Rating: 4.5/5 I 📍Location: New Providence Island I 🏩View on TripAdvisor
For a retreat focusing on spiritual and physical wellness, head to Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat. This wonderful all-inclusive resort is located on New Providence Island in the Bahamas.
This all-inclusive resort offers a truly authentic experience. Instead of endless entertainment and restaurant options, Sivananda Ashram welcomes its guests to embrace the yoga lifestyle. And what makes it all the more relaxing is that it’s set within a majestic tropical garden right beside the beach.
There are many benefits to staying at this all-inclusive resort. Some of these are listed below:
- Daily schedule of meditation.
- Several yoga classes throughout the day.
- Uplifting talks from yogis, scientists, healers, and religious leaders.
- Two vegetarian meals daily.
- Various beach activities, including snorkelling, swimming, and sunbathing.
This is also an ideal space for singles who have experienced a life-changing event, such as divorce or the death of a loved one.
As a place of healing, Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat is an ideal accommodation for anyone looking to find peace and happiness.
Footnote on the Best All-Inclusive Vacations for Singles Over 50
Travelling is not meant to be intimidating, even if you’re in your 50s or 60s. In fact, it only gets more exciting with age. As you get older, you learn to appreciate even the smallest of details, making travel all the more wholesome.
In this article, we covered some of the best all-inclusive vacation packages and accommodations around the world. Whether you’re in need of a peaceful getaway or something more social, you are sure to find something to meet your travel needs. For more vacation options, check out these Bali retreats for singles
I covered all of the costs associated with writing this article. However, this all-inclusive vacations for singles over 50 post includes affiliate links. That means if you click through and end up making a purchase I will receive a small commission. I wanted to make sure you were aware of this.