The cathedral itself is 200 years old and stands on Mulberry Street, its entrance on Mott Street. A new St. Patrick’s was constructed in 1858.
St. James was founded in 1822 — it is, in fact, the oldest official catholic church in the NY area.
Located in central Albany, this cathedral serves as the seat of the Episcopal Bishop of Albany. It is also the central church for the Episcopal Diocese of Albany.
The remarkable cathedral church is the world’s sixth-largest in terms of area. This makes it an ideal venue for many religious and community-based events.
The cathedral was opened in 1891, but not at this location. It has been on the Upper East Side since 1932.